Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: Sampair Group

Can I ask my ex for reimbursement for school supplies?

Glendale child custody attorney


Can I ask my ex for reimbursement for school supplies?

My ex husband pays his child support each month. I asked him to reimburse me for his percentage of the total cost of our daughters school supplies. He refused. His reason is he gives me a substantial amount and that money should be used for things like school supplies. I know this small amount is petty, but I’m already trying to get by after paying for lodging, water, AC, gas, etc. Can I ask for more money?


Unless otherwise ordered by the court, school supplies are your responsibility. That is part of what child support is for.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Offices Valley-wide:
Arrowhead: 17235 N. 75th Avenue, Suite E-100, Glendale, AZ
City North: 5450 E High St #300, Phoenix, AZ
East Valley: 1830 S. Alma School #114, Mesa, AZ

West Valley: 623.218.1000
Phoenix: 602.997.7717
East Valley: 480.636.1333

To read more of Phoenix child custody law attorney Patrick Sampair’s answers on Avvo and be sure to check out his child custody page, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly at Sampair Group.