Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

Should I pay attorney fees for the mother of my child filing child support papers?

Glendale child custody attorney


Should I pay attorney fees for the mother of my child filing child support papers?

I have paid half of the hospital bill for the birth of our child, as requested from mother. I have paid for all of the child needs when with me . We split transportation to and from when trading off baby . I live alone and pay all my bills myself , she lives with her parents . I pay for daycare when I have the baby . We split the care for the child, the baby is with me half of the time. In my response to the child support do I share all this information. I feel like we have already created a good system and I am wondering why she is filing for child support. Should I have to pay for the attorney fees of her filing child support papers?


If mom has filed court paperwork regarding Legal Decision Making/Support/Parenting Time issues and is asking that you be required to pay her attorneys fees, you should file a Response, stating among other things, that each party pay their own attorneys fees.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Offices Valley-Wide:

Arrowhead: 17235 N. 75th Avenue, Suite E-100, Glendale, AZ
City North: 5450 E High St #300, Phoenix, AZ
East Valley: 1830 S. Alma School #114, Mesa, AZ

West Valley: 623.218.1000
Phoenix: 602.997.7717
East Valley: 480.636.1333

To read more of Phoenix child custody law attorney Patrick Sampair’s answers on Avvo and be sure to check out his child custody page, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly at Sampair Group.