Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

Chances of Troubled Father Getting Unsupervised Visitation or Modified Custody Rights?

Child Custody Law

Question: Father has filed for modification of child support, joint custody and visitation: What are the chances of him getting unsupervised visitation?

I have two children. The father and I have established custody and child support but he lost custody due to drug abuse 6 years. He has never payed me a dollar through the system only a little here and there. He currently has supervised visitation which i would like to keep in place. He and his current wife have been arrested several times over the past several years for drunk and disorderly conduct. The wife just got out of tent city (4 month sentence) for violating probation by getting drunk, taking her clothes off and exposing herself in front of minors. They lost their apartment again. They now sleep on the floor of her moms home. What are the chances of him getting unsupervised visitation?


Based on the information you provided, it is very unlikely that the court will change the supervised visitation. It doers not sound like visitation in the environment that you described is in the children’s best interest. Perhaps it would be better for the children to see him at Parenting Skills, or another professional supervisor’s location. I would still suggest that you take a more aggressive stance regarding enforcement of the child support, and for several reasons.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Read more of Patrick Sampair’s answers on AVVO regarding Phoenix child custody, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly through The Sampair Group’s Family Law .