Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

I am a step-parent, in AZ, of a 17 1/2 yo teen. Can I file something in the courts against him as being an incorrigible teen

Arizona Divorce Law


My wife’s son is disrespectful, aggressive, will not obey simple & reasonable rules set by myself or my wife. He is mentally unstable, has ADHD and has been prescribed medication for borderline depression or bipolar disease. My wife does not have him taking what has been prescribed


As a step-parent you do not have parental rights. Unless he has committed a crime, mom would have to be the one to report him to or ask for help from juvenile court.
While your evaluation or perception of the problems with your step-son may be accurate, the real problem is likely between you and your wife and how she chooses to deal with her son’s issues.

I wish you luck.

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER “HELPFUL” or “THE BEST ANSWER,” PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

To see more answers from Patrick Sampair click here: Avvo Expert Advice When You Need it Most.