Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

The Post Office lost my divorce documents. What do I do now?

Glendale divorce attorney


The Post Office lost my divorce documents. What do I do now?

I thought the easiest way to serve my husband with divorce documents would be through the mail. I sent the documents to him via the United States Postal Service. It was certified mail with restricted delivery. The US Postal Service website shows the documents as “unclaimed.” His post office is telling me it was sent back to me. My post office is saying they haven’t gotten anything. What is the next step I should take? Will the courthouse give me duplicates free of charge?


His copies were identical to your copies, so you can simply copy your documents and send him copies of those. If for some reason you do not have copies for yourself, then the court will charge you $0.50 per page for copies from your file. Most attorneys do not use certified mail, as it is slow and often unsuccessful. Hiring a process server is what I would recommend.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Offices Valley-wide:
Arrowhead: 17235 N. 75th Avenue, Suite E-100, Glendale, AZ
City North: 5450 E High St #300, Phoenix, AZ
East Valley: 1830 S. Alma School #114, Mesa, AZ

West Valley: 623.218.1000
Phoenix: 602.997.7717
East Valley: 480.636.1333

To read more of Phoenix divorce law attorney Patrick Sampair’s answers on Avvo and be sure to check out his divorce page, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly at Sampair Group.