There is no one reason marriages end, but there are indicators along the way. Being in tune with your relationship is vital to its success, and the same is true if you are trying to figure out if divorce is on your horizon. The more signals that something is amiss that you can identify, the better chance you have of repairing your relationship. But at the same time, if divorce is the answer, knowing what to look for along the way may help the process easier to accept.
Six things that might signal divorce is in your future include:
- A lack of communication about things that are important to you, or an inability to communicate effectively so that disputes are resolved. It is inevitable that conflict will arise during a marriage, but if you feel your voice is not being heard or you and your spouse are continually unable to find solutions that work, the survival chances for your marriage are low.
- A lack of intimacy.
- Failing to share your thoughts and emotions with your spouse, which can create a distance gap that is too far to overcome.
- Feelings of dislike for your spouse.
- Taking too much of an interest in things outside of the marriage, even a healthy hobby. While it is important to maintain an identity of your own, if you take on too much outside of your marriage, your spouse can quickly feel as though he or she is no longer an important part of your life.
- Living like you are a single person, which might mean too many nights out with friends, or maintaining a separate residence. If you behave as if you are single, chances are you will become single soon.Of course every case is different, and the things that signal divorce for you may not include any of the above. But there is one thing that is consistent across the board when a divorce is filed, and that is the need for fair resolution of the issues. Whether you have kids or are childless, have accumulated significant assets over a lengthy marriage or are relatively newlywed, or are on a second or subsequent marriage it is important to get results that work. Call our office for more information, and to find out what you can expect during YOUR case.
For more information about divorce, contact our office today. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call The Sampair Group in Phoenix and the West Valley today to schedule your appointment.