Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: Sampair Group

What Happens if the Non-custodial Parent Refuses to Return the Child to the Parent With Custody?

Phoenix family law attorney

When a couple is divorced and the hearing involves at least one child, a custody agreement will be discussed. In most cases, permanent custody is given to the parent with whom the child will live with most often. The other parent is designated as the “non-custodial” parent. Both parents are required to communicate with each other regarding the child’s education, health care and other concerns. Non-custodial parents will sometimes be permitted temporary custody, which involves a clear schedule of dates and times for visitation between parents.

The court makes these decisions in accordance to the best interests of the child. But there are situations where one parent will not follow the order. If the order has not been modified and the non-custodial parent refuses to return the child to the parent with permanent custody, they are breaking the law.

If you know where your child is, immediately contact local law enforcement and they will assist you in enforcing your custody order. If you do not know where your children are, ask the law enforcement agency to file a report.

You should contact a Glendale family law attorney immediately to seek other enforcement options. If you have found yourself in need of legal representation, contact the experienced high conflict child custody lawyers at the Sampair Group, where we will help you through the complicated and stressful child custody process.