Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

Would I be charged with kidnapping if I were to move to another state?

Glendale divorce attorney

Question: My sons dad has visitation on the weekend but recently my ex husband (not my sons dad) was charged with conspiracy to murder my children. Can I move to a different state or will I be charged with kidnapping?


You would not likely be charged with kidnapping, but you run a strong probability of the court awarding the children returned and the children then being awarded to their father.

You must obey the provisions of ARS25-408 and give dad 60 days notice to relocate the kids. If dad objects, there is a strong possibility you would lose a court battle. I have attached a link to ARS25-408.

Read it carefully and I suggest you consult a family law attorney before making any move.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Click here to read more of Attorney Patrick Sampair’s answer’s on Avvo: Would I be charged with kidnapping?