Reaching financial settlement during divorce is one of the most contentious parts of nearly every case. This is true regardless of the size of the marital estate, because standing on solid financial ground after the case is over enables the parties to live independently. In a case with little assets, dividing what is there can be hard because each side will want to get as much as they can. The same is true for larger estates. The bottom line is that when dealing with financial issues, the amount in question is all relative to the parties. This is why you will see people arguing over money, and fighting for everything they can get.
With celebrities, it is a given that the estate will be sizable. Some of the largest in history include:
- Michael Douglas’s ex-wife Diandra was awarded $45 million.
- When Paul McCartney split from Heather Mills, she walked away with $48 million.
- Dr. Frasier Krane, Kelsey Grammer, paid his ex-wife $60 million when the couple split.
- Harrison Ford’s ex-wife received $85 million.
- Top movie producer Steven Spielberg paid Amy Irving $100 million, as did golf pro Tiger Woods when he divorced model wife Elin Nordegren.
Michael “Air” Jordan dished out $168 million in his divorce.
Topping the list of most expensive celebrity divorce settlements is Mel Gibson, who paid a whopping $425 million to ex-wife Robyn Moore. Special considerations must be given when dealing with assets this high in value, but the same attention should be given to smaller estate cases. We approach each case with the same level of care, and can help you reach workable solutions for all of the issues in your case.
For more information about divorce, call us today. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call The Sampair Group in Phoenix and the West Valley today to schedule your appointment.