Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

Question: What are my rights as a single mother? What are my chances on getting full or sole custody?

Glendale child custody attorney

My ex husband and I have joint custody of our child. He does not pay child support, he is verbally abusive, he recently got a DUI, he picks up his child whenever convenient for him, and goes up to six months without a visit. When he does take my child he ignores my calls and does not allow my child to call me. I want to know what I can do about this situation. I honestly don’t care about the child support, all I want is to have my child with me where he/she is safe. My ex and I can’t speak without him getting loud or making it difficult for me. I just want to live in peace with my child away from all this drama. I’m scared for my child and me. I fear my ex will lie about me and it will backfire where I’m the bad guy, but to be honest I’ve been there for my child since day one. Please help a single mom!


It sounds like you are way over-due for a consultation with an experienced family law attorney.

All of the things that you are having an issue with are unacceptable behaviors and if he will not work with you to parent your child then yes, it may be time to review a modification of his rights and responsibilities.

Further, if he is ordered to pay child support and does not obey that court order, it is time that he gets with that program as well.

Feel free to give us a call, we would be happy to discuss your situation with you at no charge.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Offices Valleywide:
Arrowhead: 17235 N. 75th Avenue, Suite E-100, Glendale, AZ
City North: 5450 E High St #300, Phoenix, AZ
East Valley: 1830 S. Alma School #114, Mesa, AZ

West Valley: 623.218.1000
Phoenix: 602.997.7717
East Valley: 480.636.1333

To read more of Phoenix child custody law attorney Patrick Sampair’s answers on Avvo and be sure to check out his child custody page, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly at Sampair Group .