Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

I am worried my ex-boyfriend will take my kids. What can I do until we go to court?

Glendale child custody attorney


My ex-boyfriend is being served Wednesday with custody papers for our twins. I am worried he will take my 3 month old twins from me. Can I get in trouble for telling him no, not until we go to court? He said he cant afford child support and was advised not to pay.  I am not trying to keep kids from him, but I just want to be safe. What can I do until we go to court?


Until you get to court you can keep the children. They are probably too young to be away from you for too long anyway. The best way to deal with this is to offer him some time with the kids (a couple of hours at a time) and come to an agreement until you go to court. You can have a hand written agreement and it does not need to be notarized. Communicate by email if possible and keep the emails on the topic of the kids not any problems between you and him.

Good luck!

Patrick Sampair
The Sampair Group, PLLC

Offices Valley-Wide:
Arrowhead: 17235 N. 75th Avenue, Suite E-100, Glendale, AZ
City North: 5450 E High St #300, Phoenix, AZ
East Valley: 1830 S. Alma School #114, Mesa, AZ

West Valley: 623.218.1000
Phoenix: 602.997.7717
East Valley: 480.636.1333

To read more of Phoenix child custody law attorney Patrick Sampair’s answers on Avvo and be sure to check out his child custody page, or if you have a question for Mr. Sampair ask him directly at Sampair Group.