Change isn't Always Negative we can help there is a positive future ahead
Change isn't Always Negative, we can help you move on there is a positive future ahead
By: rainmaker rainmaker

Supervised Visitation

Phoenix family law attorney

In most custody cases, parenting time is set up to maximize the child’s time with each parent. The court recognizes the importance of both parents. The non-custodial parent has scheduled time with the child and can spend that time however he or she wants.

In certain situations, visitation needs to be controlled more closely. If the court has real concerns about the child’s safety while with the noncustodial parent, restrictions can be applied. This is most common if there has been a history of child abuse or neglect by the parent, the parent has a history of serious untreated mental health issues, or he or she has a substance abuse problem.

In situations like these, the court can order supervised visitation. This allows the parent to have contact with the child, but only in the presence of another adult. This ensures that a parent-child relationship can continue, but also provides a safe environment for the child. Supervised visitation is not something that is ordered when the parents have disagreements or clashes about how to parent. It reserved for very serious situations where the child’s safety would be in question were regular parenting time allowed.

Often a friend or family member is selected as the supervisor. This is often the most convenient option, but it can cause problems if the person does not take the responsibility seriously and leaves the room or the home during the scheduled supervision period. Another alternative is community organizations that host supervised visitation programs. These programs are carefully monitored, but they often have waiting lists and can provide only an hour or two of supervision at a time, in an impersonal public space.

The Sampair Group handles supervised visitation cases in Arizona. We are conveniently located in Maricopa County and can help you with your case. Make an appointment with us now.